Sunday, September 18, 2011

What a mess!

Its been two weeks sense Irene went through and dumped all that rain on us. The temperatures have been in the high 80's and the weeds have gone crazy!!


Believe it or not, there are pepper plants still producing in there!

This was the tomato bed. A few Zinnia's and volunteer melons. Nothing but weeds now!

And if you look real close, you can still see the sweet potatoes growing in this bed!

I started cleaning out the pepper bed first and got all the weeds out and rebuilt the trellis. Irene knotted the pepper plants over, So I used tomato clips and line to get them back upright.

This is the harvest for this day! 14 fruits (6 1/2 lbs!). Some of them are turning and the plants still have peppers growing! I love sweet peppers! And I can just slice this up and toss them into the freezer for later use.

This is what the bed looked like when I finished. Much better
I stopped at around 1500, It was just to hot! I went into the house and watched a 2 hour documentary  on 9/11. If you have not seen this one, you should! Its titled "9/11 ten years later". It made me feel so very upset, Just like I did on 9/11. But it also helped me to move on and do all I can to support the war on Terrorism!

I wanted to go back out and continue pulling weeds around 1900. But by that time a cold front had come through and the temps. had gone down to 64 degrees and it was raining buckets! And that's the way it has been for the past 3 days! So the rest of the beds will have to wait for another day.

One of the things that I saw that day early in the morning was this!

A Blimp! Not something we see a lot of out here. Sorry the picture is any better.

They had a pretty morning for the trip!

That's it for now. be good!
TOM

1 comment:

  1. Your weeded gardens look like new now! And who would'a thunk that there would be peppers hiding in there?? :)

    ReplyDelete