Thursday, July 18, 2013

Rain,Rain and internet problems

Hey Everyone,
While other parts of the country are getting no rain and dealing with fires, we have had a very wet summer! So much so that the garden is under water most of the time! The only things that are still trying to grow are 3 sweet potato plants and a few cantalopes. I have to come up with a way to get the raised beds up off the ground and out of the water.
In the past 10 days we have had 3 days of heavy rains, then 2 days of late afternoon thunder storms, followed by 5 days of showers! The only thing that does not mind the exsess is the grass and weeds. Yesterday was a day of cutting grass and it was still so wet that the mower mostly just knocked it down.

And I have been having major problems with the internet! I went to a new server in May and it never worked right. Well yesterday a Tech came out and replaced all the lines and installed a new router. And that seems to have taken care of the problems (I hope!).

An update on the Chickens....
They are now over a year old and some of them are mollting, so egg production has gone down. I will sometimes get as many as 5 one day and then get 1 the next. But the total number of Eggs sence Jan 1 is 1459! And they are still living in the getto, as the weather has not helped me get a new fence around the new Hen House. I have a few day vacation comeing up in Aug. and hope to get them moved then.

But I just wanted to get a short post in to let you all know that I'm still here!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment