Monday, April 1, 2013

No Fooling

Yep, It's April fool's day......
But this is not an April fools joke, I'm really still here!

I know it's been a long time sense my last post (TO DAM LONG!) And I'm sorry about that and I hope that all of you have not given up on me! The recovery from my stay in the hospital has been slow in coming and the Med's the DR. has me on has one side effect where I tired a lot easier and It takes much longer for me to get back to want to try to get something done. So all the projects that I have been working on have been put on the back burner!

I did get a few things accomplished.
With Terri's help we got 4 Flowering Pear trees planted in her front yard and 2 River Birch trees planted in my yard near the ditch.
We have also been working on a new path way and parking area at her house. But we can only work on it when the weather allows us to. And all of the work has to be done with hand tools! The whole area has to be dug down 8" and back filled with gravel and sand before we can even think about laying the brick paver's. But we are making progress. The other day I spent2 hours removing all the rain water from the site using a "Shop Vac" and that really kicked my Butt!

I also have a new Family member to tell you about! Her name is "Zig-Zag" (Ziggy for short). Daisy needed a new friend and I have wanted another Dog for a long time. She is a Catahula - Pit bull mix and is about 1 1/2 years old. I got her at the SPCA and she had a litter of 5 puppy's that were old enough to be no their own. I borough her home and I learned that she can not be allowed out side on her own! The second morning home she got out the door before I could get the leash on her and she headed right for the Chickens! She got one of the RIR's and killed her before I could get to Ziggy! So that leaves 11 birds in the flock!

The Chickens seem to be the only thing that have not slowed down at all! They are still producing 8 - 10 Eggs a day and the total for this year is up to 736! The H.H. is one of the  projects I was talking about putting on hold. I have gotten a little more done on it, But I still need to get the fencing up before I can make the big move.

Anyway, Like I said. This is not an Aprils Fool's joke! I really am still here! The next post I will try to get pictures taken of Ziggy and let you see what she looks like!
Until then, Remember, It really is Spring!
Tom

4 comments:

  1. Tom,

    I'm happy to hear your recovering but sorry to hear the meds are slowing you down. Remember to take care of yourself, the blog and it's friends understand totally. Congrat on your new dog, Ziggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're OK! Can't wait to "meet" Ziggy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're back! No fool'n! :)
    Keep taking care of yourself...if you don't then who's gonn'a take care of the zoo you've got going there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, Bee Girl and Carolyn,
    Thanks for the well wishes and I am back to getting things done. I made a post this morning to let you all know I am still kicking and will be back tonight with another post and pictures. So stay tuned!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete