Saturday, September 24, 2011

What's for dinner?

As I wrote in my last post, Thursday morning was spent working with the worms (My Blogging friend Carolyn at "karaso Farms asked for a step-by step on how to set up a worm bed, Coming soon!!). Terri spent the day in school (Pitt Community Collage) and of course Mark was at the Job. So I decided that I would make Dinner that night.
Terri called at some point to ask if I had any ideas for dinner and being as I,m a meat and potato kind of guy, I said, How about "Stuffed, loaded, and covered "Rebaked potato's?
I know that some of you lady's out there believe that a man can not find his way around a kitchen (other then to find where the Beer is!), But I do quite well at it and I like to cook!
So here is my recipe  for "Stuffed, loaded and covered Rebaked Potato's"

1 lb of breakfast  sausage
enough baking potato's for the number of people you have to feed (in this case, 3)
1 onion, diced
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
eggs ( two for each potato)
enough shredded Colby/Monterty jack cheese to cover the potato's
Sour cream to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Some of the ingredients ready for the chopping.


Wash the potato's and using a fork, pierce the skins in a few places. Using enough tinfoil to wrap the potato's in, rub each potato with olive oil and warp them up. Place in a 400 degree oven. Remove when completely done and allow to cool to the point that you can handle them.
Meanwhile, crumble the sausage into a pan on medium high heat and brown, breaking it up as it browns.
In another pan on low heat, carmalize the onion, then add the mushrooms and cook until done.
Unwrap the potato's and cut in half length-wise, and using a spoon, scoop out the insides.
Place the potato skins on a baking sheet, drizzle with more olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and return to the 400 degree oven to brown and crisp up. 8 - 10 minutes.
Add the cooked potato to the pan of sausage and cook until potato is browned, set aside.
Remove the skins from the oven and evenly load each one with the sausage/potato mixture, then smother each one with the onions and mushrooms. Now cover each one with the cheese and return to the oven until cheese is melted and browned.
Fry an egg for each potato.
Remove from the oven and add the green onion to each and a dollop of sour cream (or as much as you like, Me I like a lot!)

Sausage in the bowl waiting for the potato's to brown some.

One stuffed,smothered, and covered. One waiting for the egg! 

Just add two slices of Farm House White Bread, with lots of butter and jam!!

So there you have it. My turn in the kitchen. Took longer to write it up then it did to make it! Try it, you will like it!!
Tom

1 comment:

  1. Tom that looks absolutely yummy! I really must try this soon!

    I second Carolyn's request for a worm bed set up tutorial!

    ReplyDelete