Monday, December 27, 2010

December 25, 26 and 27

Sunrise Christmas morning. Temperatures in the low 30's, No white Christmas. Went to Terri's house and helped to fix the Christmas meal. Opened Christmas gifts. I got "Pioneer Woman's" Cook Book. And I have already tried two of her recipes (Apple Dumplings and Almond Roca!). The cook book is written just like her Blog. And the recipes look pretty straight forward and easy.
Lots of fun and good times with family and friends. Good food and Good people, how can you go wrong?
I had to work that night and as I left the house it was starting to snow. This was about 2000 and as I drove the 60 miles to work it got heaver and started to stick. I watched the snow come down all night and about 0430 the temperatures started to drop and the parking lot turned white in just a few minutes. I got off work at 0715 and what is usually a hour and fifteen minute drive, turned into over 3 Hours.

And this is what it looked like when I got home! It snowed for over 24 hours and we got about 18 inches. I have lived in this area for 30 years and never had a white Christmas or this much snow at one time. And never this early in the season!.

And it just keeped coming down!

This is looking across the front yard to the house across the road. At this point no snow plows have come Thu to clear the road and the snow blanket is undistubed my man or beast.

This is sunrise on the 27th. The snow had stopped during the early morning hours  and the sun was able to break Thu the clouds. What a beautiful morning! Cold and quite.

The sun just hitting the tops of the trees and not a mark in the snow.

But that was about to change! The two knucklehead's had to get out in it and leave their mark!! At this point it was 27 degrees and after they did their thing and ran around chasing phantom rabbits, They were ready to get back in the house and have breakfast. Me too for that matter! Its pretty, but ho so cold!!

Daisy can attest to that. Once back in the house she spent 20 minutes getting the snow and ice out from between her toes. Silly Dog!! But she had fun! and that's all that matters to her.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and Are looking forward to the new year with anticipation. I know the worms and I are!
Talk to you later.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment