Monday, January 10, 2011

Bella is eatting

A little any way. And she looks forward to going out side and looking for those rabbits she loves so much. The Dr said that she would have to stay on the medication for at least a month and that progress would be slow. The infection is akin to Rocky Mountain spotted fever and she may never be 100 percent. But she is on the road to recovering.
I want to thank all those who have sent e-mails and said that they were praying for her. And to "Apple Pie Gal" and Leigh over at "5 acres and a Dream", A special Thanks so much. I know it made a difference!
I went to work last Friday and had to leave her at home. She is still having a problem keeping the meds down and I worry about her when I'm gone. But that night I had to work the truck gate (at QVC). The main thing I do is check in/out semi-tractor trailers into the yard for off/on loads. One of the last trucks I had come in was driven by a Lady truck driver and I noticed that she had a dog in the cab with her.
So we started talking and I told her about Bella. She made some suggestions on what I might try to get Bella to eat (at that point Bella had not eaten any solid food for over 10 days!).  The truck left the yard and I came on home later.
I tried to get Bella to eat some yogurt, and she did take a little of it and drank a little water. I gave her the pills later and she was not able to keep any of it down for longer then 15 - 20 minutes.
When I went to bed later, Bella came in and jumped up next to me and we had a discussion I told her that she was not going to be able to be sick for much longer. And that alot of people were worried about her. She snuggled deeper into her blanket and went to sleep. I don't know if she even paid attention to anything I  said.
The next morning she went out like normal and came back into the house and went right to her water bowl and waited until I filled it with fresh water and then took a good drink without me having to talk her into it. Maybe the prayers and the talking too did some good? But it looks like she maybe turned the corner and will show a little improvement each day!
Thanks again to you all and to the Lady truck driver for her help.
Tom

4 comments:

  1. Tom, that's great news! I wonder if it will take awhile for Bella's stomach to handle much solid food since she hasn't eaten in so long. The yogurt sounds like a really good idea, especially if she's on antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! I am so glad you had 'a talk' with her. You know, I think they really do understand us. So other than yogurt, what has she been able to nibble on? My vet had us boil hamburger and white rice once. But it had to be boiled and then rinsed of grease. What has worked for you?

    Bella girl...if you are listening...dig in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, glad to see that Bella is a little better....hoping she has a full recovery. Sometimes I think they need to hear us tell them how much we need them to get better. Maybe your little pep talk helped!

    I wanted to tell you what I got for Christmas.....worms. I knew you would appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev,
    Nothing seems to help! Read my last post for an up-date.
    Worms for Christmas? Thats so cool! You will have to do a post on them! I do too, but they have been placed on the back burner for now.
    Look forward to each of your posts.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete