Friday, January 20, 2012

OK, You can laugh if you want!

You will probably find this funny. But it's not funny to me!

When I got home last night, I decided to get the animal hair cleaned up. Daisy and Luke can produce the most amazing amount of hair I have ever seen! It was in the corners of every room and with hardwood floors, It seemed to have a life of it's own! Moving where ever it wanted and covering everything! It took me 20 minuet's of work with the broom and shop vac, and I still did not get it all!

But that is not what this post is about!

So, When I got up this morning, I looked at the kitchen and decided that it was time to get it cleaned up. Washed dishes, put things away where they belonged, wiped down counter tops, cleaned up the toaster and coffee station, and yes swapped the floor again!

I had a bunch of onion bags stored in a basket on the counter, to be used to store onions or potato's (If I ever get any out of the garden!). And I decided to store them in a closet I have in the utility room.

And that is not the funny part ether!

Have I ever told you that I hate spiders? I know that they serve a good purpose in the garden and that is where they belong! NOT IN MY HOUSE! I have had a problem with them ever sense the weather turned cold! They seem to be every where.... In the shower. every corner of every room in the house!
And yes, I know that they are just house spiders and are not harmful. But I was bitten by a spider at my ex-MIL house once and it caused all kinds of problems for me! Blood pressure went through the roof, Hart rate went up and I could not seem to catch my breath! Spent several hours in the emergency room the night!

And that's not the funny part ether!

HERE IS THE FUNNY PART!

I went to the utility room and got a plastic shopping bag to put the onion bags into and as I shook it out.....A DEAD HOUSE SPIDER FLEW OUT OF THE BAG AND... LANDED ON MY NOSE!!!!!

I Jumped, I screamed, and I ran (clawing at my face the whole time). I didn't stop running until I was half way down the driveway! And yes, if you must know, I screamed like a little girl!!

This happened over two hours ago and I can still feel the monster sitting on my nose, staring me in the eye!

DID I TELL YOU, I HATE SPIDERS???

You can stop laughing now and wipe the tears from your eye's.

I WANT MY MOMMY!!

TOM

12 comments:

  1. I hate spiders too. You have my sympathy - I would've freaked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. DH squeals like a little girl when a spider "comes running at him". I'm also the one that has to squish them in the house (we have Brown Recluse, the others I catch & fling outside).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown Recluse and Black Widows are the worse! We have Black Widows in the summer and they hide under everything out side! Gloves are a must! One time there was one under the top of the compost tumbler lid, How it got there is anybodies guess!

      Delete
  3. Well hopefully you dont have any close neighbors ;) I am no fan of spiders ON me either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the picture at the top of my Blog, you can see that I have a neigbor on both sides. One of them broght me a cup of herbal tea to calm me down!

      Delete
  4. Oh Tom, your wrote that so delightfully how can we not help but laugh! I don't mind spiders much, but I definitely would not like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,
      I'm glad that someone saw the humor in all of this! Talk about a little girl!! It took forever to get back into "The Man Mood"!

      Delete
  5. Well, good thing I tried again today! Why am I able to comment now? Will I be able to comment tomorrow? This blankety-blank Blogger-gone-haywire stuff is gonna send me over the edge. Until then . . .

    You had us envisioning every step of your story. The spider would not have bothered me but if it had been a snake (yes, even a dead one) I probably would have hit Manitoba by now. (Hope you didn't give your neighbors a heart attack trying to figure out what had happened to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DID have to wipe the tears from my eyes! I am right there with you, with spiders. I do think there should be a law against spiders being allowed in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a Government hit squad for this PROBLEM! It has to be a COMMUNIST plot!

      Delete